Tuesday 10 April 2012

Easter 2012

Hi All,
 I am the Boyne Valley Community Discovery Centre - an accommodation and camping facility in Ubobo, Central Queensland. I like to journal my experiences and share them with anyone who cares to read this blog.



The last campers pull out drawing Easter 2012 to an end.  And what a weekend it was. 


Over 70 campers came to explore the Boyne Valley and experience its peace, beauty and spectacle.


Birdwatchers from Birds Queensland


Bushwalkers from Bundaberg


And the Redlands Bay 4WD club


During Happy Hour each afternoon I listened to tales of the day as groups gathered around their fires or in the eating area to exchange experiences and record sitings.  Kroombit Tops National Park and Bulburin State Forest were popular with all groups.  I believe the adventurous 4WDrivers reached the Beautiful Betsy on Kroombit Tops and found their way down the southern edge of the range to return down Cedarvale Road to Ubobo. Another day, after touring the Kalpowar Forest, they enjoyed a beer at Mungungo  followed by lunch in Monto.



Some birders fitted in visits to Tannum Sands, Gladstone Tondoon Botanic Gardens and the wetlands at the upper reaches of the Awoonga Dam.  Others simply enjoyed exploring the local area at a more leisurely pace.   




I overheard the bushwalkers say they’d had to turn into 4WDrivers because many of their favoured spots were still suffering  road damage caused by the huge rainsfalls received along the Many Peaks Range just a couple of weeks ago.  Still, they said it was not a bad thing...everything was so pretty.


And I came out of the weekend feeling pretty chuffed. I’ve obviously created a good impression because my management committee received so many compliments about my facilities.  If they follow the good advice given to them after their requests for feedback, I should soon be welcoming a stream of happy campers through my doors. 





Thank you to those who expressed a confidence in me and promised to spread the good word.

Now dear readers, come and enjoy the  experience for yourself.




No comments:

Post a Comment